Last Updated on July 6, 2023 by Sara
We know that it sounds very significant to listen that you can shed your bodily pounds and inches at night while sleeping.
Impossible! You may be now wondering, is that so real?
Yes, it is sometimes possible to wearing a waist trainer overnight, but remember, the results are not guaranteed.
Optimum Time For Wearing A Waist Trainer Overnight:
Most dedicated waist training advocates suggest preferring wearing the best waist trainer for weight loss only during the active part of the day.
The Optimum Time told to put them on your body is approximately 8-10 hours per day.
Also, wearing them consistently 5-6 days a week will help you get desirable results quicker.
However, some people have a busy life schedule, and they find it difficult to reach the optimum Time of their wearing during their work hours.
So, they might opt to wear them at night while sleeping without having any guess of their consequences.
Advantages of Wearing A Waist Trainer Overnight:
Although sleeping with such body-shaping undergarments will be a considerable challenge.
But modern trainers are somewhat made of that much flexibility that they freely allow you to move however you want.
Moreover, now they come in breathable fabrics that will enable your skin to breathe easily without any discomfort.
Another point here suggested by some waist training prognostics is: The longer you put on the waist trainers, the sooner you will get a perfect hourglass body shape.
That is why people who love sleeping for several hours intend to wear them while sleeping.
Some Important Considerations:
But some important things to keep in mind for having benefits of sleeping waist trainers include
- They must be the right and perfect fit for your body
- Must allow maximum breathability to your skin
- Should be comfortable enough not to disturb your sound sleep
- Break in for some hours regularly before starting to wear it the whole night
- Know your most comfortable sleeping position
- Consider the surface tension of your bed mattress
- Check the cushioning of your pillow
- Good body posture
- Accentuate female features
- Weight control
- Flatten tummy
- Postpartum waist tightening
- Bustline support
- Spine alignment and many more.
Some Disadvantages Caused by Waist Trainers at Night:
Besides advantages, several proponents of waist training do not recommend wearing body-shaping undergarments at night.
They suggest that they are meant to be worn not more than eight hours or more per day while being active the whole day long.
Putting on a waist trainer while on the bed is a big no because of several health and safety reasons.
However, it may seem like a feasible idea to shed your pounds or get a perfect hourglass body shape without any strenuous efforts while sleeping.
But it will be way too risky for your health.
Like the American Board of Cosmetic Surgery, the medical community does not support this idea and forbids wearing them for extended periods, especially at night.
Some of the main reasons why you should not wear a waist trainer overnight are:
- Obstructing proper digestion.
- Potential effects on acid reflux.
- Depriving the body of oxygen.
- Extra compression cause rib fractures.
- Damaging of internal organs due to extreme pushing and crowding.
- Causing physical plan.
- Disturbance of sound sleep.
- Forcing internal organs such as the liver and kidneys to lower abdominal positions.
- Obstruct the lymphatic system and block the regular blood flow to different parts of the body.
- Reducing lung capacity to breathe in and out comfortably.
- Creating blockage in the digestive and urinary tract.
- Last, but the least, waist trainers themselves get damaged due to a high concentration of sweat and other bodily oils containing toxins.
The Final Words:
Although wearing a waist trainer overnight has both advantages and disadvantages.
Yet it is most recommended to wear them during daytime hours.
The rest is your own choice.
Just keep in mind that health comes first, then body shaping.
And wearing them while sleeping may be harmful to your health.